Student Visa Subclass 500

Australia is well known as a study destination for every international student in the world. Australia is one of the safest places to live and study, consistently ranking among the safest countries in the world. The Australian education system provides education for any age group with the relevant entry qualifications. Furthermore, when compared with other education destinations, the cost of living in Australia is very affordable for every international student.

Moreover, Australian universities have a reputation for world-class research facilities, and they are known to maintain top rankings in the world. The Australian Government offers international scholarships based on merits and other criteria, which aims to support international students to study in Australia. Australia also provides student support services for international students to help them transition to their new student life in Australia.

An Australian student visa (subclass 500) is a temporary visa that is granted for international students to engage in any course for which they are eligible based on their qualifications. After the completion of their studies, the student will be eligible to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) and to work for 3–4 years in Australia. Under the GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria) a person comes to Australia for education should have the primary objective to complete their studies and return to their country.  However, if the student, after completing studies becomes eligible for a PR pathway, they are able to do that legally. On this basis student can apply for any PR pathway and settle down in Australia.

Eligibility Criteria for Student Visa (Subclass 500)

  • Have Confirmation of Enrollment related to the program to which you applied.
  • Proof of all the financial requirements needed for the support of the student’s education and living costs.
  • Have completed the English Language Requirement (IELTS/ PTE) (this is requirement is exempt for citizens of certain countries)
  • Must hold an Overseas Student Health Cover
  • Courses must be conducted full-time.
  • Students must not have any study gaps after completing the secondary school level.

Our Partner Universities

curtin college logoeca Trans Aus migration